The Gibb River Ride 2019
Thanks to our major partner Australia Post, the 8th annual Gibb River Postie Bike Ride is set for 2019!
Registration is now closed as we are fully booked!
The Bright Blue Gibb River Postie Bike Ride is an adventure with a difference, with riders using Australia Post postie bikes to complete the trip.
The ride takes in epic scenery of the Kimberley, whilst negotiating creek crossings, unsealed roads and sleeping under the stars.
It costs $2,200 per rider and each rider must fundraise at least $5,000 for Bright Blue. Whilst this figure may sound daunting to some, the Bright Blue office are more than happy to help – contact them for ideas on email@example.com. The fundraising must be logged on our Everyday Hero page.
The $2,200 registration fee includes: a postie bike for the duration of the trip, your tent, all camping fees and all meals. You are required to have either a learners permit or a full motorcycle licence, your own sleeping bag and your own protective riding gear. NB: Tents are provided, therefore no swags will be allowed due to storage space.
The money raised from this event will go towards our Bright Blue projects which include supporting brain cancer research, creating brighter futures for victims of burns and putting smiles on the faces of sick children in hospital.
This really is an amazing opportunity to experience the vastness and awe of wild Australia AND help children less fortunate.
THE ROUTE (Broome to Kununurra) Trip 1
- June 7 • Broome to Derby
- June 8 • Derby to Windjana Gorge
- June 9 • Windjana Gorge and Tunnel Creek
- June 10 • Windjana Gorge to Silent Grove
- June 11 • Silent Grove to Mt Barnett
- June 12 • Mt Barnett to Ellenbrae
- June 13 • Ellenbrae to HVS
- June 14 • HVS to El Q
- June 15 • El Q to Kununurra
THE ROUTE (Kununurra to Broome) Trip 2
- June 21 • Kununurra to El Q
- June 22 • El Q to HVS
- June 23 • HVS to Ellenbrae
- June 24 • Ellenbrae to Mt Barnett
- June 25 • Mt Barnett to Silent Grove
- June 26 • Silent Grove to Windjana Gorge
- June 27 • Windjana Gorge and Tunnel Creek
- June 28 • Windjana Gorge to Derby
- June 29 • Derby to Broome
Click on the poster below to download a copy.