The Gibb River Ride 2017
Thanks to our major partner Australia Post, the 6th annual Gibb River Postie Bike Ride is set for 2017!
The Bright Blue Gibb River Postie Bike Ride is an adventure with a difference, with riders using Australia Post postie bikes to complete the trip.
The ride takes in epic scenery of the Kimberley, whilst negotiating creek crossings, unsealed roads and sleeping under the stars. This year, due to popular demand, there will be two trips across the Gibb River Road. The first leg and second leg are now full.
It costs $1,500 per rider and each rider must fundraise at least $4,000 for Bright Blue. Whilst this figure may sound daunting to some, the Bright Blue office are more than happy to help – contact them for ideas on email@example.com. The fundraising must be logged on our everydayhero page.
The $1,500 registration fee includes: a postie bike for the duration of the trip, your flight from Perth to Broome (1st leg) or Kununurra (2nd leg), your tent, all camping fees and all meals. You are required to have either a learners permit or a full motorcycle licence, your own sleeping bag and your own protective riding gear. NB: Tents are provided, therefore no swags will be allowed due to storage space.
The money raised from this event will go directly to our Bright Blue projects which include supporting brain cancer research, funding the treatment and prevention of FASD, creating brighter futures for victims of burns and putting smiles on the faces of children stuck in hospitals.
This really is an amazing opportunity to experience the vastness and awe of wild Australia AND help children less fortunate – so what are you waiting for!?
RIDE 1 – THE ROUTE (Derby to Kununurra)
- June 2 • Broome to Derby
- June 3 • Derby to Windjana Gorge
- June 4 • Windjana Gorge and Tunnel Creek
- June 5 • Windjana Gorge to Silent Grove – visit to Bells Gorge in afternoon
- June 6 • Silent Grove to Mt Barnett
- June 7 • Mt Barnett to Ellenbrae
- June 8 • Ellenbrae to HVS
- June 9 • HVS to El Q
- June 10 • El Q to Kununurra – cruise on Pentecost in morning
RIDE 2 – THE ROUTE (Kununurra to Derby)
- June 16 • Kununurra to El Q
- June 17 • El Q to HVS
- June 18 • HVS to Ellenbrae
- June 19 • Ellenbrae to Mt Barnett
- June 20 • Mt Barnett to Silent Grove
- June 21 • Silent Grove to Windjana Gorge – visit to Bells Gorge in afternoon
- June 22 • Windjana Gorge and Tunnel Creek
- June 23 • Windjana Gorge to Derby
- June 24 • Derby to Broome